This entry was posted on
Friday, December 23rd, 2005 at
9:55 am and is filed
Christmas normally catches me in a bit of a funk… but not this year.
It’s a little bit of everything on top of Wednesday’s event:
– I’ve enjoyed every minute of grocery shopping because, at the end of the month, I get to send the receipts to Sainsbury’s to show them how much money they missed out on.
– Woolworths didn’t get a look-in, either. In fact, we almost managed to avoid the High St altogether. The bulk of our shopping was done online (primarily with Amazon and eBay).
– We’re giving ethical gifts amongst members of the extended family. I can picture little Boubakar now, opening his present and exclaiming; “Oh, great! Another bloody goat! What does a guy have to do to get a pair of socks around here?”
– While I was poking around eBay earlier this month, I happened across not one but two bulk lots of Spire Christian comics. You should expect a post on this subject sometime in 2006. In the meantime, I wish to tempt you with this glorious cover.
– Oh, go on then…. it is Christmas, after all.