This entry was posted on
Monday, May 14th, 2007 at
10:30 am and is filed
under Rupert ‘The Evil One’ Murdoch.
Here are two items from the Independent on Sunday:
IoS – Murdoch: I’m proud to be green: In one of the most unexpected conversions since Saul of Tarsus hit the road to Damascus, Rupert Murdoch is turning into a green campaigner. He is making the whole of his worldwide operations carbon neutral and setting out to “educate and engage” his readers and viewers about global warming.
And today, we have this from the Downing Street Echo:
Oh, and this shining endorsement from the Page 3 girl:
Memo to Rebekah Wade:
Prepare your troops for an all-out assault on global
– We could all die horribly. Quite possibly tomorrow.
– This must unite in this struggle and not let petty differences over foreign policy sway us from our task.
– What is done is done. Let us look to the future and work together toward
our goala common goal.
– Anyone who dares dredge up the past or have a pop at us about anything we’re up to presently does not take global warming seriously, and is therefore an enemy of the people.
– Register ‘Carbon Cheats’ as a trademark.
– Provide evidence that the EU is driving climate change.
– Oh, and have someone investigate the average carbon output of an illegal immigrant.
In short, nothing much changes… but we go green from today.