This entry was posted on
Thursday, May 17th, 2007 at
10:07 am and is filed
under The Political Weblog Movement.
The Conservatives are looking for a new ‘Digital Development Manager’ and I’d like to send a few applicants their way… openly, but secretly.
Instructions and a mirror of the job ad follow…
1. Check the job description below and ascertain if you can fill it or fake it. If you can, then…
2. Get your CV ready.
3. Check in via email and let me know what you’re up to.
4. If you’re planning on being a ringer, don’t publish/blog anything about it… you must mimic the Sand People and ride your Banthas single-file to hide your numbers (oh, and Paul Staines has linked to the relevant job ad today, so it should be a simple matter for you to wander in with the other traffic if you’re quick about it).
5. Go through the motions, be as honest as you are legally required to be, and report back if and when you get rumbled.
Position: Digital Development Manager
Description: A great opportunity exists to join the Conservative Campaign Headquarters Communications team in a leading Communications role. Based in central London, you will require serious digital media strategy and marketing capabilities in order to deliver on the following key roles:
– Growing the user base of the Party’s three main websites products: Conservatives.com, Webcameron and SortIt.
– Online PR and marketing – to include SEO optimisation, PPC and email marketing.
– Possess a broad understanding web analytics packages.
– Developing new channels of digital content across all mobile networks.
– Developing sustainable revenue streams across the our digital portfolio.
– Organise regional events and activities to promote our websites.
– Distribution of email virals and online campaigns.
– Developing relationships with digital content producers and multimedia agencies for ongoing web campaigns.
In addition the successful candidate will be:
– Hard-working and flexible.
– Well-organised and able to prioritise.
– Proactive and persistent.
– An enthusiastic team player.
– Resilient and calm under pressure.
If you have the skills required to succeed in this role, please visit download our application form and submit this to email@example.com or to Jane MacLaren, CCHQ, 25 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0DL.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Rishi Saha on 0207 984 8098 or at Rishi.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
Please note that, due to the large amount of applications we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Friday 22 June please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
Closing Date: 29 May 2007
Good luck, everyone!