Hooray for me

Posted by Tim Ireland at 27 March 2008

Category: Updates

Thursday, March 27th, 2008
under Updates.

Here’s the certificate they give you when you successfully make it through the last 2 weeks of this 6 week programme without a single cigarette:

1) Hell, I made it through all 6 weeks without falling over once. That’s a first for me. I really do think I’ve cracked it.

2) Group really helped… and yes, we managed to get through the entire 6 weeks without any hugging.

3) My next task is to wean myself off the nicotine (I’m already on a lighter patch) and send those bastard nicotine receptors into a dormant state.

1. Paul.Ferrari says

Congratulations !This is a great achievement.Massive pat on the back for you.

2. Justin says

Well done, mate.

3. cheeks says

Congratulations. I've been off the smokes for 6 months now, with only a recreational *ahem* toke over Christmas to blemish my record.Stopped dead; no patches, no support, just at the end of my tether with this dirty, stinking habit.Still miss it sometimes.

4. Sim-O says

Well done Tim.Peter: Herbal tobacco lets you toke with no worries, albeit with a whiskey face.

Ta everyone.

6. tyger says

Congrats dude. My sister's next. She wants a sprog next year.

7. Justin says

My dad's just been on the phone – a smoker of some fifty years and just about to try packing in them in – you were the shining example I gave him, Tim.

8. Jherad says

Serious congratulations due there Tim, I know how hard it is. Well done.Carrot sticks and sugar-free chewing gum worked for me :)

9. errorgorilla says

I smoked my last cigarette nine weeks and, erm, approximately two hours ago. A savage chest infection knocked me sideways, scared the hell out of me and I finally realised that I would surely face more of the same as my scorched lungs got older. Apart from one Friday evening with a bottle of plonk I've not craved them at all. I've just had to accept I'll never be Sheffield's answer to Serge Gainsbourg.

10. jailhouselawyer says

Well done Tim. I'm afraid us smokers are becoming the minority…

11. littlesister says

Very well done – I'm amazed I hadn't heard about this earlier. Maybe we need to encourage a higher level of parental support…or not.