1. They both have a womb*, and think it is their God-given right to tell other women what to do with theirs:
Huffington Post – Palin On Abortion: I’d Oppose Even If My Own Daughter Was Raped
Guardian – The end of choice? Kira Cochrane talks to Nadine Dorries
(*I am personally thankful that neither of them have a penis. Of their own.)
2. They are both aided and manipulated by fundamentalist Christians:
Buzzflash – Sarah Palin is a Manchurian Candidate for One Extremist Splinter Group of the End-Times Crowd
Bloggerheads – Nadine Dorries and Andrea Williams
3. They have both cherry-picked a single sentence out of a report clearly finding them in the wrong and used it as ‘proof’ that they had been cleared of any wrong-doing:
Washington Post – Four Pinocchios for Palin
Lib Dem Voice – What does “completely cleared” mean? (more)
4. They both have a reputation as an outsider/maverick that handily disguises a general distaste for rules, a poor understanding of those rules, *and* a distaste for taking the time to develop an understanding of those rules:
Think Progress – Palin Claims The Vice President Is “In Charge Of The U.S. Senate”
Bad Science – Oooooh I’m in the Minority Report!
5. They both like to be in complete control of any given conversation so it can flow freely in the way they want it to:
Slate.com – Stop covering Palin until she gives a press conference (more)
Bloggerheads – Nadine Dorries and what she has (and has not) learned from Iain Dale
6. The both believe in and/or seek to perpetuate the myth of a hostile leftist media conspiracy:
Salon.com – Sarah Palin and Mark Halperin’s complaints of “liberal media”
Ministry of Truth – Exclusive: Dorries to Face Standards Inquiry
7. They are both at or near that delicate age where their face is getting harder and harder to maintain, and could go Kathleen Turner at any moment.
Oh dear, I appear to be drying up.
Oh, crap… don’t go there!!!
(Psst! And before anyone has a go at me about age and appearance being a ‘woman’ thing, it’s not; it is about illusions. Remember after the 2005 General Election, when Tony Blair suddenly aged by 20 years?)