1. Joseph Obi is on the warpath.
The attack on Louise Redvers is particularly appalling… and actionable. Sadly, The Obi One has yet to reveal what he’s really angry about (i.e. what triggered this greatly delayed outburst).
2. Thank you, Gordon.
(That is what you’re fishing for, yes? Next time, try to take the lead before you’re backed into a corner, eh?)
3. Independent – Clive Stafford Smith: Why has the Government forsaken Binyam Mohamed?: Why would the British Government refuse to disclose this kind of critical information? Here, we are left to speculate, since they won’t give an explanation. Sadly, the most likely reason is that there is much more evidence that they would rather remained hidden – such as proof of systematic British co-operation in the US rendition process.
If you’d like a hint as to the most likely outcome, here it is; Jack Straw still holds a cabinet position.
4. BBC – Blair ‘to devote life to faith’: Former prime minister Tony Blair has promised to “spend the rest of my life” uniting the world’s religions
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh, do excuse me. That’s unforgivably rude. I should kn*…. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
5. Emptywheel – George Bush Authorized the Leak of Valerie Wilson’s Identity: Scottie McC doesn’t know it yet. But that’s basically what he revealed this morning on the Today Show…
See also: Scott McClellan on Countdown with Keith Olbermann. Oh, and Matthew Norman’s description of Bush as an “an arrogant, self-deceiving fantasist” reminded me of this little item.
6. LayScience and Septicisle on the recent Standpoint nonsense.
(Speaking of right-wing magazines, someone has a tough job ahead of them.)
7. I had four beers last night, and I’m seriously considering breaking my curfew on Saturday night so I can see a movie with the missus.
I’m a bad boy…. but you ain’t seen nothing yet:
8. Manticore. Monday.
SPECIAL BONUS LINK: An incredible timesaver for 98% of the remaining* regular contributors to Iain Dale’s website. (*Most of the sensible people have grown tried of being ignored, censored, abused by anonymous cowards or told to “piss off” by the great man himself.)