Murdoch speaks all Aussie-like regarding the f**king swearing on the BBC

Posted by Tim Ireland at January 7, 2005

Category: Christ..., Rupert 'The Evil One' Murdoch

Friday, January 7th, 2005
under Christ…, Rupert ‘The Evil One’ Murdoch.

By jingo, by crikey!

Were you to read the fuggin’ Weegend Oztralyan, yew wood lurn that us poms ain’t got no sense at awl no-ow.

Weekend Australian – BBC blasted over Springer show: Christian protesters set fire to their television licences outside the BBC’s London offices today as outrage spread over the public broadcaster’s plans to air a profanity-laden musical.

They did what, where? Bloody hell. Either John Beyer is getting desperate (Burn their goolies! Buurrrn them!) or the Aussies are being told something we’re not.

But let’s get back to John, who is obviously the centre of this (very real) story: “The level of protest is unprecedented,” said John Beyer, director of viewers’ lobby group Mediawatch. “An awful lot of people who pay their licence fee wonder if this should be put on.” British viewers pay around 120 pounds ($300) a year for their colour television licences.

Please note:
1. Murdoch newspaper
2. “Level of protest unprecedented” says man who lied and cheated to make level of protest ‘unprecedented’
3. Australians are obviously meant to stare in wonder at our ability to broadcast colour television

I look forward to watching Jerry Springer – The Opera tomorrow night.

I also look forward to – early next week – bringing you a breakdown of what appears to be a very cosy relationship between Tara Conlan and John Beyer. It seems that they are quite the team. Him with his dreams of being on the telly every other night and her with her unfulfilled dreams of … being on the telly every other night.

Oh my, we are going to have fun.

1. Angel says

“Level of protest unprecedented” my ass.I’ve just received an apologetic email from the BBC reassuring me about Jerry Springer the Opera, even though I clearly marked my correspondence as NOT A COMPLAINT.As far as I can see, given that this has happened to plenty of people besides me who have also sent letters of support, the BBC’s “level of protest” is as inflated as MediaWatch’s numbers of “swear words.”I’ve just sent them an email telling them that, so it will probably be counted in the numbers of complaints about Jerry Springer the Opera.

2. bigdaddymerk says

out of intrest what's Aussie telly like?

3. Guy Gooberman says

Is there anything I can do when you haul her sorry ass in front of the PCC?

Merk: Last time I saw it, it was awash with bread-headed retards (which meant lots games shows, lifestyle shows and anything else that allowed for OTT product placement), and the only good/original stuff was coming out of the ABCGuy: Yes, bring a mate. I may need help to carry.

5. Guy Gooberman says

No worries, I’ll bring two in case she gets feisty.