There’s a Safety Elephant in my Inbox!

Posted by Tim Ireland at November 4, 2005

Category: The War on Stupid

Friday, November 4th, 2005
under The War on Stupid.

At 5:28pm today, Charles Clarke showed me how serious he was about the hastily-announced consultation process (one can only wonder what brought *that* on) by actually asking me about my views on terrorism.

‘Leading’ doesn’t begin to describe this 4-question survey…. but I shan’t bother stamping my little feet about it because it’s late, I have a Guy to cover in hairspray, and Talk Politics already has it covered.

(I’m sure I don’t need to remind you that this is the same department that brought you public roadshows conducted in secret.)

UPDATE – More links can be found in comments and trackbacks, but I feel the need to highlight this, from Chicken Yoghurt: The debate on terror is a serious one and it needs adult contributions and a commitment to fair play and respect from all involved. Stunts like this do nothing but anger those able to see the fix, deceive those who aren’t, and seek to lend a credibility to Clarke and his legislation which they have neither earned nor deserve. Yet another sign of the contempt in which the public is held by New Labour.

1. underblog says

I was just going to blog something on this, but then I thought “Nah, bloggerheads will have it covered”.What fucking cheek.

Me, or Charles Clarke?:o)

3. Spy Blog says

Charles Clarke’s dubious Labour Party opinion poll on terrorism

According to Talk Politics and Bloggerheads it seems that various Labour Party members seem to have been emailed on Friday with a letter purportedly signed by Home Secretary Charles Clarke, pointing them to an online opinion survey on the Labour…

4. davblog says

Rigging the Poll

Obviously running a bit scared following their one vote win in the recent terrorism bill debate, the government have decided…

5. MatGB says

Tim, tried to send a ping, but Haloscan keeps telling me your server won’t allow it. Ah well.http://not-little-england.blogspot.com/2005/11/elsewherethe-labour-party-securing.html’tis a very dodgy, and perhaps a little too blatent, attempt to garner support. Stoopid Elephant.

6. Tim Worstall says

Britblog Roundup # 38

Here ’tis my luvverlies, this week’s Britblog Roundup. As you know you can nominate posts for inclusion by simply emailing the URL to britblog AT gmail DOt com. We’re interested in what you think were the best posts of British

7. Scaryduck says

Just received the very same e-mail from my MP, copied word-for-word from Clarke’s message.I’m giving him both barrels.