Thanks, Emap

Posted by Tim Ireland at August 13, 2007

Category: Photoshopping

Monday, August 13th, 2007
under Photoshopping.

What the hell is this?

7 weeks after I was promised payment by Emap, I get an envelope with my name and address hurriedly scribbled on the front. There isn’t a cheque inside; instead, there’s a BACS form for me to fill in… with my ‘vendor ID’ hurriedly scribbled into the first field. Surely they could have sent this 7 weeks ago.

If Emap are going to strategically classify this payment as a ‘gesture of goodwill’ they’ll want to be far more convincing about it.

1. tyger says

Bollocks.BACS are for continuous payment clients. Any company can raise a cheque and get it signed off. Less trouble than setting up a BACS account and then processing it.Mind you, you can get them to do a same-day transfer…

There was a form letter inside stating that "With effect from 1st April 2007 Emap will no longer pay it's [sic] suppliers by cheque" and *all* payments would be made by direct transfer.

3. Sim-O says

*all* suppliers? not just willing suppliers then?

Hahahahahahahahaha!(CC: legal)

5. beaubodor says

Congratulations, you'll be on their system as a regular supplier.Looks like you may be busy.

Heh. Thanks for that, BBD.BTW, this is a bit special. Top marks for top 'shopping:http://www.b3ta.com/board/7505954

7. beaubodor says

Cheers Sir,If you don't mind me mentioning, I've put wallpapers here :http://www.bbdo.co.uk/blog/archives/540

8. Tuscan Tony says

Know the feeling. I've a (mostly unpaid) April invoice that was supposed tom have been paid by DD 2 months ago, as of today's date less than 10% has turned up, in the form of a sterling cheque posted to me here in Tuscany. This despite the fact that the paying office is 100 yards from my bank in EC3!

9. The Great Architect says

You'd think those cheeky scamps would really have got their act together by now.I don't suppose there was a clause in your original invoice for interest to be paid after a specific date?

10. beaubodor says

Better get a move on.Looks like EMAP are selling up and the consumer division seems to be well down peoples' shopping list.

Form went back within an hour of coming in yesterday.