Iain Dale: define ‘petty’

Posted by Tim Ireland at October 22, 2007

Monday, October 22nd, 2007

Iain Dale removed Bloggerheads and Chicken Yoghurt from his blogroll on the evening of the 18th of October.

The reason? Some comments (since deleted) from me and this single comment from Justin.

He is a sensitive flower, isn’t he?

1. Justin says

Well this isn't fair. Why aren't *my* comments deleted? What does a bloke have to do to get a comment deleted off that blog? Isn't making accusations of rank hypocrisy and propagandising enough? Looks like I need to up my game.

2. Garry says

His comment deletion was classic Dale. I've given up trying to have any sort of honest debate with him. Instead, I'm concentrating my efforts on the much more achievable goal of learning to herd cats…Cheer up Justin. He did delete your blogroll link after all. You must be doing something right.

Speaking from experience, I think you need to do it *repeatedly* to earn Iain's special "I will delete you only if you put me on the spot" ban.

4. Garry says

True enough. He's never deleted a comment of mine either.I wonder how many times a person has to put him on the spot before the ban comes into effect? Iain doesn't seem to want to explain his rules but it'd be good to know. That way, people could decide for themselves whether they wanted to exceed their allocated "on the spot" quota and be banned. Transparency and all that…

5. Sim-O says

Is the quota transferable? I haven't used mine for a while so if someone needs some extra…