Let’s All Pick on Vulnerable Right-Wing Chicks Week: Part One

Posted by Tim Ireland at November 14, 2007

Wednesday, November 14th, 2007

Today, I request that a few regular readers (if you’re thinking “Who, me?”, then “Yes, you.”) each choose one poor, vulnerable, politically-minded and right-leaning woman with a website or weblog (commentator, journalist, activist, etc.) and invade her space in the following manner:

a) By sending her a polite email

or

b) By making a polite comment on her blog (with any required apology for it being off-topic)

Basically, I want you to ask that woman what they make of the Nadine Dorries affair.

Make sure that you use the usual intimidating phrases (such as ‘please’, ‘thank you’ and ‘would you mind awfully’) that are certain to send a chill up her spine when she logs on and is unexpectedly confronted with a polite request (possibly late at night, when it’s all dark and spooky outside).

And then report back with any responses and/or failures to reply.

Simple, yes?

1. Justin says

I'm in.

2. scotch says

I'm of course in – but I don't want to pick the same woman Tim has.

3. Jherad says

I'll definitely have a go too. I don't regularly read any obviously conservative women's blogs, so I'm trawling through blogrolls now to try and find one who doesn't sound too scary :)

4. Sim-O says

I might have a if I can string two words together…I'm not too good a letters.

Oi! Scotch! Shhh!:o)

Sim-O: "I'm not too good [at] letters."Whoops. Almost missed you there. If you're no good at writing letters, we'll be covering staring at her house, calling without saying anything and nailing cats to her door later.

7. Garry says

"any required apology for it being off-topic"Sorry to come in late but I think we should stick to the template of the original on this. Maybe we should only submit these comments when Vulnerable Right-Wing Chicks specifically write posts in defence of Nadine Dorries' comment policy. As a bullying tactic, nothing rivals a polite on-topic comment.It's a truly diabolical plan, I know, but that's why I love it…

8. Jherad says

Turns out Nadine's blog is one of the best:http://prday.blogspot.com/2007/11/prize-blogger-m

9. Jherad says

Oh, and quote of the year from the BCS website has to be:– 'Judges were looking for MP websites that successfully engage and excite, yet usefully inform with honourable purpose.'Tee hee!

10. Sim-O says

"I will now look into other innovative and exciting ways in which I can make my website even more interactive and user friendly."Erm, how about allowing comments…?

11. Sim-O says
  12. Jherad says

Dang it, I waited too long. Sim-O got my first choice, and Justin my second…I'll have to keep looking :)

Jherad:"So, was Nads the leading woman in the awards at least? "The Princess of Blogs" as she would have it? Sadly no. She was not. Lynne Featherstone MP joined Richard Benyon MP as the two overall runners up. Nads was roughly speaking joint 13th in the pecking order with Gorgeous George."http://chrispaul-labouroflove.blogspot.com/2007/1…Sim-O:Well done! We can now proceed with Part Two!

14. Jherad says

Hah, funny :)Posted my comment – I'll keep an eye on it :)